We are proud to offer a wide range of home inspection services. Our Virginia State Certified home inspector has a wide range of experience and can tailor our services to meet your exact needs. Whether you are buying, selling, building or currently own a home, we can help!
- We provide you with an objective, non-biased evaluation of the overall condition of the property with your best interests being the only concern.
- We will help you identify potential problems and/or safety issues and recommend possible repair and/or replacement options.
- We give you accurate, objective information and the peace of mind needed to enter into this important financial decision with full confidence.
Buying a house is part of the American dream. We hope that you will choose Capitol Home Inspections to help you make that dream a reality.
- We provide you with an objective, non-biased evaluation of the overall condition of the property in order to provide full disclosure.
- A pre-listing inspection shows good faith to potential buyers that everything possible has been done to reveal any defects in the home.
- Saves you the money, time and hassle by identifying problems that could surface after negotiations when the buyer has their own home inspection performed after negotiations.
We understand that the purchasing or selling of a home is a huge financial and emotional undertaking. Our top priority is providing you with the knowledge and reassurance needed so that you can make the best decision during this important time in your life. We will also be there long after the inspection to answer any questions if needed.
Builder’s Warranty Inspection
If you have purchased a new home in the last year you should consider having a Builder’s Warranty Inspection before you reach the end of your one-year home warranty. We can perform a warranty inspection for any construction defects, improperly installed items, items that do not function correctly or any other issues that may be covered by the builder’s warranty.
Your builder’s warranty covers a great many items and systems in your home which may not have been installed properly, or without proper preventative maintenance measures taken. Negligence such as this is the cause for most of the problems a home will develop in its life.
Typical problems found in new homes include:
- damaged or improperly installed exterior siding
- damaged or ill fitting doors and windows
- improperly installed roof shingles and flashing
- ungrounded electrical outlets and plumbing leaks
Certain minor cosmetic issues such as popped nail heads in drywall are the result of the natural settling of the structure and can easily be fixed by the builder near the end of the warranty. It is a good idea to present the warranty inspection report to the builder so that any defects or concerns that may be discovered during the inspection can be addressed before the end of your warranty.
Protect your investment and call us today to schedule your Builder’s Warranty Inspection. Time is running out! Once the anniversary of your closing date has passed, your builder may not be responsible for many of the items that may be found.