Capitol Home Inspections is locally owned & family operated, serving clients since 2004. We are a full service home inspection company and will guide you through every aspect of your inspection, from scheduling your inspection to answering questions about your report after the inspection is complete.
We are your home consultants for life and will do everything we can to provide excellent customer service!
- A professional inspection by a State and ASHI Certified Home Inspector
- Immediate, on-site, home inspection reports and digital photos in FULL COLOR
- Estimated cost of repairs or replacements
- Convenient appointments to fit your schedule, including weekends and evenings
- FREE, follow-up consultations by phone, for as long as you own the home
- Fully licensed, bonded and insured with general and professional liability
- Certified Inspector with American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Virginia Certified Home Inspector #3380 000321
- Member of the Central Virginia Chapter of ASHI
- 2013-2014 Currently serves as Past President for Central Virginia ASHI
- 2012-2013 Served as President for Central Virginia ASHI
- 2011-2012 Served as Vice President for Central Virginia ASHI
- 2010-2011 Served as Secretary for Central Virginia ASHI
- 2008-2010 Served as Treasurer for Central Virginia ASHI
- Sponsor of Habitat for Humanity
Do your homework when hiring a home inspector!!!
State licensing and certification is VOLUNTARY in the state of Virginia…anyone can start a home inspection business and claim to be a Home Inspector!
Be sure to ask several questions when hiring someone to inspect your home:
- Are you state certified and fully licensed through the state of Virginia? ALL STATE CERTIFIED INSPECTORS CAN BE FOUND ON DPOR website.
- Are you affiliated with a professional organization, such as ASHI? (Please note: There are different certification levels in professional organizations. For example, in order to be a CERTIFIED INSPECTOR for ASHI, an inspector must have completed a minimum number of inspections and passed their exam.)
- Can I see a copy of your home inspection report?
- Is inspecting homes your full-time job?
- Are you insured with professional and general liability?
- Do you carry Errors & Omissions insurance?
- Do you provide a computer generated inspection report with digital pictures?
- Do you provide online access to inspection report with ability to forward report to others?
- Will you provide us with an estimated cost of repairs or replacements?
These are a few sample questions to ask when hiring a home inspector. The more informed you are, the better choice you can make when hiring an inspector to meet your needs.